"I hope to bring a lot of common sense to council"
From the Roanoke Times
- Graduated Central High School in Grand Forks, ND in 1988
- Attended University of North Dakota in Grand Forks ND until I was stuck in a blizzard and decided to move to Shawsville Virginia where I had family.
- Graduated Radford University 1996 with BA concentration in Business and Accounting.
- Awarded a full scholarship to attend Babson College in Wellesley, MA: Goldman Sachs 10,000 Small Business Entrepreneurship program. Graduated 2014.
- Accounting Dept at Roanoke Restaurant Service (now US Foods)
- Accounting Dept at Hubbell Lighting in Christiansburg
- Accountant with Virginia Tech Foundation
- 1998: Started Star Promotions: Branding Company in Cambria
- 2009: Closed Star Promotions and reopened business on Main St Cburg and renamed it: Marketing on Main St.
- 2010: Started The Salvage Junkies at the top of Cburg Mountain - 2014: Moved to the old Grama’s Goodies Building and became Logo Hub by Marketing on Main St.
- Christiansburg Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors
under Kathy Mantz leadership (3 years)
- Montgomery County Christmas Store volunteer
- Assisted with development of Wilderness Trail Festival (5 years) through Chamber
- Secretary on the Advisory board for New River Valley Salvation Army (7 years) – currently taking a year off
- Christiansburg Band Booster Treasurer while daughter was in school (she graduated 2016)
- Developed local event called “Community Day” which supported our local Salvation Army through a one day event with fun games and bouncers for kids, live music and car show. 2012-2013
- Developed multiple fundraising events to support local charities throughout the NRV and Honduras (her daughters charity cause).
- Developed program offering free coats to the homeless and those in need in the NRV and Roanoke area.
- Free Tshirts offered to many fundraisers in the NRV and surrounding states
- Sponsorship supporting David Clowney foundation
- Key Sponsor for area schools and organizations through donations of products
- We always offer sponsorship for all first responders
- Multiple Food Drives for the local food pantry through The Salvation Army
- Currently supporting the Womens Shelter of the NRV with fundraising programs
Charity is what drives me!
Roanoke Times Article -